As with any Learning Space, (or any space really!), there are ways to present yourself and behave when both creating and visiting a PLN.
No one wants someone bursting into their space, real or virtual…and being obnoxious, rude, or ranting madly! There’s always a nicer way to behave, a nicer way to write something, a nicer way to react to a post you may not agree with.
Here are 10 things to be aware of when you are Learning Online.
- Using ‘Please’ and ‘Thank you’ in your posts, is always a good idea.
- Remember you are talking to a Human, not a Computer.
- If you wouldn’t say it to their face…don’t say it online.
- Don’t encourage ‘flaming’.
- Respect peoples privacy. If you are working/posting in an Academic field, don’t stalk the author’s private life. .
- Stay on topic.
- Don’t behave like a know it all on someone else PLN or blog.
- Run a ‘spel chek bfor u post’….. (I meant to do that.)
- Respect other peoples time. Don’t make your comments go on, and on, and on….
- Be forgiving of others mistakes.
..remember these things and you’ll be the perfect online poster, and if all else fails… keep your sense of humour…