According to a study by researchers at Penn State university…
- 86% of refugees within the Zaatari camp have access to a mobile phone.
- more than 50% said they used it more than once a day
- There is also a high level of interest in a wide variety of internet based services, particularly social media and news.
- In some cases, mobile phone and internet use among refugees is greater in the camps than when they were living in Syria
- Refugee Students are able to sit for the Jordanian High School Diploma.
- mobile phones are far more common than computers or tablets. (usually only available in communal areas)
- A website called appsforrefugees.com collects the most interesting and creative apps developed to provide aid and support.
image retrieved from: